SMILE Society(ngo) India collects certain data and information about our users ("You") in order to develop and improve various features and functions of the Organization..
What Data We May Collect
In order to process your application or an enquiry we need certain data from you which we will use to provide you the services and information that you seek from us. The data we collect from you are the following:
· Personal Information - Includes, but it is not limited to your Full name, email address, physical address, phone number, citizenship, photo, travel plans, insurance documents, flight information and emergency contact details
· Communication Data - Between you and us, including e-mail communication, or comments posted on our website, blog and on social media platforms.
· Digital information (User Data) - Data collected when you visit our website, or other digital platforms, including IP-addresses, browser data, traffic data, social media behaviour, and user patterns. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect data regarding which newsletters you open, your location when opening them and whether you access any links.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies…
How we collect your data
While using Volunteering India website, you would be asked to enter your Personal Information in the following forms:
· Application Form
· Contact Us Form
· Quick Enquiry Form
· Newsletter Subscription
Where do we use your data
We would use your data in the following manner:
· Provide you the information you seek from us, regarding our programs
· Share your information with our on ground operators, coordinators, projects, NGOs and staff to provide you the program you have applied for
· Stay in contact with you before, during and after your trip
· To send you marketing emails or any other information which could be of interest to you
· To seek feedback from you after you finish your trip
· To send you any communication by way of email or social media accounts
· For any legal communication
· Share Data with Government or Local Authorities wherever it is required by law for us to do so
l only store your data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing of your data. Certain data will always remain with us, such as Testimonials, Parental Consent, Criminal Background Checks & any Photos shared by you. These are required by us to have in file to support your application with us.
Unsubscribing from Marketing Emails
We would also store your email address to send your future marketing emails. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails you may do so by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link which is sent in every marketing email.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any such transmission of data is at your own risk. Unfortunately the transmission of data via internet is not completely secure and you need to understand that.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to the best of our ability.
Access to your Information
You have the right to ask us about what information we hold about you.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SMILE Society, India and its principals, shareholders, agents, officers, directors, consultants, and employees from or against third-party claims, damages, payments, deficiencies, fines, judgments, settlements, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses arising from or relating to any third-party claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of the breach of SMILE representations and warranties contained herein.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned, if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods. SMILE Society is also popularly known as SMILENGO and both are same Organization.